Basecone Feedback

Welcome to the customer feedback section of Basecone. It’s great to have you here and please share your ideas, feedback and knowledge to make Basecone even better than it is today. Thanks for taking the time!

How can we improve Basecone?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to create a declaration without a receipt

There are situations where you don't need or have a receipt. I'd like to add those to spenser as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Basecone Spenser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Being able to Mark invoices as Paid for remote users

Being able to upload invoices and then being able to Mark them as paid. Two people pay accounts so having this tick box would be great to know where we are at with invoices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Basecone web application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sally,

Thanks for your feedback.

We agree that this is a nice feature to have or taking it a big step further: pay your invoices in Basecone.

However, at the moment, this item does not have a lot of votes (yet).

We will take a look at it, when the demand increases.

We’ll keep this item under review.

Keep you posted,
    Basecone

3. US date format

Auto recognize US date formats and convert them to dd/mm/yyyy

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Booking documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your message!

We use static algorithms to recognize the values. This means that any adjustment to the algorithm changes the recognition of all invoices. Therefore, we do not change it now. However, we’ve just started a large project to use dynamic algorithms. We will compare these results and if it improves the overall recognition we will implement it. We’ll put this idea under review, because we can not make any promises related to this item. The algorithm needs to identify it’s an invoice of the US, which makes it complicated.

Kind regards,
    Basecone

4. Allow booking through Basecone Spenser

At the moment you are required to allocate the supplier/cost centre/project/code at the booking stage (which is not accessible by an ordinary Spenser user) meaning that it has to be re-completed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback. The functionality of the Spenser app is to deliver documents/receipts, not to book any documents.

We are considering cost centers or projects available to be selected, if the demand increases.

It is not needed to select the supplier already in the app, because the supplier will be recognized via the OCR which is in the Basecone application.

We’ll put this idea under review and will keep you posted when we have more information or # of votes increases.

Kind regards,
    Basecone

5. Xero - please remove the posting rules saved for quantity per unit price

It appears that Basecone remembers quantity per unit price as a posting rule. Each time I have to manually change the amount. Can this be removed from the posting rules please?!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Transaction Date Incorrectly Picked Up

I have found that when there is a written word format of a date on an invoice that Basecone struggles to pick this up. For example the invoice I am processing at the moment has the date "Thursday 15th March 2018" but the transaction date that has auto populated is
    "20/03/1962"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your message!

We use static algorithms to recognize the values. This means that any adjustment to the algorithm changes the recognition of all invoices. Therefore, we do not change it now. However, we’ve just started a large project to use dynamic algorithms. We will compare these results and if it improves the overall recognition we will implement it. We’ll put this idea under review, because we can not make any promises related to this item.

Kind regards,
    Basecone

7. Add a Portfolio (like Twinfield) feature on a users login

On Twinfield - when a user logs in they can view their own custom portfolio of companies that they deal with. Can a similar feature be added to Basecone?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Basecone web application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear David,
    Thank you for your suggestion and the votes.
    Currently the amount of votes is relatively low and at the moment the roadmap is reasonably filled with e.g. deferred costs and workflow management. But we will certainly keep your request in mind for H1 2019.
    Thank you.
    Basecone team

8. Save invoices in the archive with supplier and date information

We have some invoices that are inputted directly to Twinfield, not via Basecone. I would like to be able to save the invoices electronically in Basecone's archive and include searchable information like supplier and date, without booking the invoice in Twinfield (where it would become a duplicate).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Amie,

Thank you for your message on our feedback page. Can you please clarify a bit of your process? You can efficiently process the documents from Basecone to the accountingsystem. Why do you process them direcly into the accountingsystem and thus create duplicate work?

It is possible to digitally save the documents, by using the CUST tag, generate an url and place this url (document look-up) into Twinfield. However, it is not possible to add booking information like a supplier there.

Looking forward for your answer.

Kind regards,
    Basecone

9. Authorisation per supplier/client or amount

I would like to automate and automatically assign authorizers based on the amount, supplier or customer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Authorisation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear users,

Thank you for your message on our feedback page. We have started this large project already. At first, we want to create multiple flows which you can select in the bookingscreen. Later on, we want to create filters.

We’ll keep you posted!

Kind regards,
    Basecone

10. Post credit notes from Basecone to Xero

I'm not able to post my credit invoices in Basecone to Xero. I want this option available just like in Twinfield.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Booking documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notify of expense rejection

Notify users if an expense form has been rejected in Spenser and allow the user to easily change it and re-send for authorisation. All users will not want to have to go into Web Basecone to see if expenses rejected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Svend and users,

Thanks a lot for this message on our feedback page.

The purpose of the Spenser app is to create expense claims and or send receipts.

However, we do agree that this is a nice feature to have for the Spenser app and/or availability in the web application (meaning that you get an e-mail or notification for instance).

The effort of this item is relatively high, so we will review it again, when the demand increases, because at the moment this item does not have a lot of votes.

This idea has been set to ‘under review’.

Kind regards,
    Basecone

12. Reporting Within Basecone

Basecone should contain a suite of standard reports that can be printed or exported to Excel. E.g. an authorisation report which shows each invoice, who authorised and when it was authorised for each authorisation level.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Matt and users,

Thanks for your feedback!

Our CX team can already generate an audit file, which will help you. You can ask them for the details via support@basecone.co.uk.

We’re working at the moment on items with more votes. Thanks for understanding this. On the longer run, we want to make a reporting tool in the application.

Kind regards,
    Basecone

13. Rotating and Saving Multiple Pages

If a multiple page file is uploaded to Basecone with all pages the wrong orientation you currently have to rotate each page individually. It would be useful to have a feature which enables you to rotate and save the whole file in one go.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Booking documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Calum and other users,

Thanks for your feedback on this page.

We agree that this can be a nice feature if all documents are rotated the same way.

However, in practice, we don’t often hear this request.

Hope for your understanding.
    Kind regards,
    Basecone

14. Longer time out period required

A longer time out would be helpful. Basecone seems to log out after only a short period of non-use.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Billy and users,

Thanks for your message on your feedback page.

At first, we want to enable two-factor authentication.

Thereafter, we can check whether we want to do something about the time being automatically logged out.

It can be quite short, but we have this for security reasoning.

We will keep this item on status ’ under review’ and will update it, when we have more information available.

Kind regards,
    Basecone

15. Enable Twinfield Freetext fields for both purchase invoices and expenses in the Spenser App

Users often record additional information in the Twinfield freetext fields when processing purchases and expenses via the Basecone web portal. It would be helpful if this functionality existed in the Spenser app as well.
    An example of use is when recording the job number that the expense relates to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Richard and users,

Thanks for this message on our feedbackpage.

The effort of this item is relatively high, because the field has to be enabled in Basecone and then should become available in the app. This is very dynamic.

We will review it again, when the demand increases, because at the moment this item does not have a lot of votes. This idea has been set to ‘under review’.

Kind regards,
    Basecone

16. We need mileage within the Spenser App

Ideally, I would like the option of entering my start and finish post code, and Spenser calculates the mileage, or maybe I also have the option of selecting my 'current location' as either the start or finish location.
    If these ideas aren't possible, at a minimum I need to be able to enter the number of miles.
    I also need to be able configure my settings to show the rate per mile.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Richard and users,

Thanks for your feedback. We agree that this is a nice feature to have for the Spenser app.

However, at the moment, this item does not have a lot of votes (yet).

Kind regards,
    Basecone

17. Xero - To be able to finalize a booking

I would like to have the option to finalize my booking for Xero just like the option in Twinfield.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Tarn and users,

Thanks for your feedback. We agree that this is a nice feature to have. However, at the moment, this item does not have a lot of votes (yet).

Kind regards,

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base